Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

RealTalk - How often do you take risks?

Hey guys, 

Happy last month of 2014! 
Although it is the end of the year, 
it is never too late to rethink, restrategise, and try something new! 
There is this photo being shared around various social media platforms, 
so I thought I'd share it too. 


I hope you enjoy this article I wrote, and I hope it inspires you! 

*


Recently, I made the decision not pursue an LL.M. I had acquired a lot of legal knowledge during my undergraduate degree and due to my long-term interests, I was eager to gain business knowledge. Knowledge that I could apply to my own company someday, or be of use to my future employer. However in the UK and the US, unless you plan to study an MBA, you are really not left with much choice in terms of degree options.

After an extensive search, I decided to undergo the Legal Practice Course (LPC) in the UK. The course allows me to be one step away from qualifying as a lawyer in the UK (the last step being a training contract), and I could also graduate with an MA in Business and Management. This is brilliant because I would kill two birds with one stone!


A couple of months ago I signed into my University blackboard and I realised that as part of my course, I have to take three electives. This was great news because I have been given the opportunity to study areas of the Law that I previously contemplated studying as a Masters as an elective! I was beyond excited! Ultimately the risk I took paid off! Now I get to learn more about the areas of Law I would have liked to, be one step closer to being a qualified lawyer in the UK, and be armed with amazing business knowledge in the form of an MA. I have successfully thus far, managed to have my cake and eat it too.

Choosing to do the LPC seemed like the best choice at the time, and I am glad I trusted my instincts. I did have a few doubts, as it is human nature to, looking at what others are doing and comparing yourself to them, or listening to people’s opinions about your decision. However, I sometimes forget that God has a plan for me; a unique construct, and I need to remember that. 

So as I am learning to let go and let love, it is working in my favour!

Why don't you do the same? Dare to take a risk! 




No comments:

Post a Comment