Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Album Review: Whispers




So my favorite band at the moment is The Passenger. I am sure most of you know the song ‘Let it Go,’ (it was last summer’s anthem). 


This summer however, the band released their new album Whispers in June. I ran into it by mistake on the plane yesterday. I was exhausted, I hadn’t had much sleep, and I didn’t want to watch a movie. Knowing how good their last album was All the Little Lights, I started to listen. Right from the very beginning, (‘Coins in A Fountain’) and I couldn’t stop. I kid you not; the album was on replay for three hours! Excessive? Slightly, but I couldn’t help it, it just captivated me.

What I love about the Passenger is their rich Indie sound. In Whispers, I found Michael Rosenberg’s voice to be full of contradictions - smooth yet coarse, soft yet present, and the use of string and percussion instruments were beyond beautiful. I don’t know about you, but for me there are always a couple of songs that always stand out in an album. This time it was ‘Whispers, Riding to New York and Coins in a Fountain.’ 





To be honest if you start listening from ‘Rolling Stone’ till the very end, the combination of all the songs is just...

It took me away to some kind of emotional abandon.

Themes in this album range from love to cancer, self-doubt, to freedom.



Check it out, it is definitely worth a listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment